HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Setup
Now your OfficeJet Pro 8740 is capable of scanning documents and then sharing it over the Network or to an email recipient then and there. Use the Printer Control Panel to scan documents either in Color or Monochrome. Now you can use the Pre-formatted Family Activities Apps to duplex scan the multi-page document at a lightning fast speed. Download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 8740
Your OfficeJet Pro Copier is most often used when Scan and Fax operation is being performed. Use the touch screen to change the copy settings from Paper Type, Enlarge Image and Contrast levels. Your printer uses the Thermal OfficeJet Technology for copying a large number of documents without slowing down. Make use of the 50 page Automatic Document Feeder for copying multi-page documents quickly.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Fax feature is present with digital storing capabilities for retrieving faxes whenever needed. You can store up to 100 faxes in the memory and then print the incoming fax immediately upon reception. When you need to send multi-page faxes then utilize the HP Printer Software and accomplish the fax task in no time.Download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 8740
HP OJPRO 8740 Windows Setup
OPEN THE HP PRINTER SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
After installing the HP printer software on your computer or laptop, based onthe operating system you use, do one of the following:
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on the Start screen. Go to theapp bar to select All Apps. From the list of options available, choose your printer.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Desktop – – > Start – – >All Programs – – > HP – – >HP OJ PRO 8740 – -> Icon with printer name.
How to print from software (Windows)?
- Place a stack of paper in the input tray.
- Open your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer software and then click on Print.
- Select the printer you want to use.
- Choose the button that will open the Properties dialog box. (Properties might also be called as Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer or Preferences.)
- Go to the Layout tab to choose Portrait or Landscape orientation.
- From the Paper/Quality tab, choose the paper type and the print qualityyou want.
- In the Paper/Output area, choose the Advanced option and then select the paper size in the Paper Size drop-down.
- Now, click Ok to come out of the Properties dialog box.
- Select Print or OK to start the print job.
- Download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 8740
HP OJPRO 8740 Mac OS Printer Setup
HP OJPRO 8740 Mac Setup
While installing the printer software in the printer, make sure that your computer and the printer is connected to a network connection. It can either be wireless, or wired or USB connection.
- Un-box your HP Officejet Pro 8740 wireless printer from its packaging.
- Connect the wires at their appropriate place.
- Now, switch on the HP printer by pressing the Power button.
- The LCD screen with several buttons and icons is the control panel of your HP printer.
- Install the ink cartridges by unpacking from the package.
- Remove the protective tape on the ink cartridge.
- Slowly, insert the ink cartridge into its place according to the color code. Push it in until it locks into place.
- Go to 123.hp.com to download the needed software and drivers for your Wireless printer.
- You can also install the software from the CD that came with the printer. Insert the CD into the drive and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the process, save the settings and click Close to complete.
- How to connect the HP printer to your Mac?
- Click on Setup and the select Network or Wireless menu.
- From the list of options available, tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The list of wireless networks will be available on screen. Choose the one which you want to use
OJPRO 8740 Smartphone Setup
On your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer’s control panel display, select Network or Wireless menu.
- Tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- When asked, enter the SSID (network name) and WEP key (password).
- Your printer will be connected to the wireless network shortly.
- Now, print a test report to check if everything is fine with the printer.
MOBILE PRINTING SOLUTIONS
Mobile printing makes you job easy. You can print any document or photo store inyour device and print it with your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
NOTE: Your mobile device and the printer should be connected to the samenetwork as your computer.
- Choose the photo or document you want to print from your Apple phone andthen touch the Share button.
- Swipe the screen to check the Print button. When you find it, tap on it.
- Select the printer which you want to use and make necessary changes to theprint setting.
- After making the changes, select Print to start the print job
- Download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 8740