123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer user can easily scan any original documents or photo for preservation purpose or to email them. The scan process can be initiated rom the printer’s control panel or from the computer.If you want to quickly scan one page to an image file, you can access it from the control panel. If you want to scan multiple pages, then access the Scan option from your computer.
On the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer’s control panel, navigate to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to Settings. Select the Wireless Setup wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions till the Connection Option window displays. In Connection type Wizard select Wireless or Ethernet as the preferred connection type.123.hp.com/setup 8710.
HP Fax setup windows
Before you set up your 123 hp Officejet Pro 8710 printer for fax make sure of the following:
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the HP printer’s adapter.
The method you use to set up fax on your hp officejet pro 8710 install printer, depends on the equipment and services you have on your phone. The following steps show how to set up fax using a voice line and a telephone answering machine.
Steps to follow:
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your hp Officejet 8710 printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machine phone cord to the port 2-EXT. Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and
- then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer.
- Make sure to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the hp officejetpro 8710 driver printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.
HP Fax setup Mac
How to send a standard fax from the computer (OS X)?
- Open the document which you want to fax.
- On your 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer software, click Print option from the File menu.
- Choose the printer which has ‘Fax’ in the name.
- Tap on Fax Recipients from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the recipients Fax number and other information in the boxes provided. Tap on Add to Recipients.
- Touch the Fax Mode and other fax options and click Send Fax now.
- When asked, enter the fax number.
How to send fax using monitor dialing?
- Place the original document print side up on the automatic document feeder or print side down on the scanner glass.
- Click on Fax from the printer’s control panel display screen.
- Tap on Black or Color option.
- If you have placed the document in the ADF, you will hear a dial tone.
- If you have placed it in the scanner glass, then choose Fax from scanner glass.
- Once you hear the dial tone, enter the recipients number by using the keypad on printer’s control panel.
- Follow the instructions displayed on screen.
How to send a fax from memory?
- Place the original document print side down on the automatic document feeder.
- From the list of options available on the printer’s control panel, tap on Fax.
- Using the keypad, choose Speed Dial or Call history to choose a dialed or received number.
- Click on Black or Color.Now, the printer will scan the original documents to memory and will send it to the recipient when it is available.