Wi-Fi network setup
On the printer’s control panel, push the Wireless button followed by theSettings option.Now, scroll through the options to select Wireless Setup Wizard. Select OK.Follow the on screen prompts to setup the connection.Insert the software CD that came with the printer in the computer/laptop.Now, follow the instructions displayed on screen to complete the installationprocess. 123.hp.com/setup 6968.
Auto wireless connect
HP offers a new technology called HP Auto Wireless Connect which enables the user to connect their printer to the wireless network automatically without asking the user to connect any wires/cables or enter the wireless network settings such as the network name and password. Several newer versions of HP printers have this capability and you can enable it during the software installation process.
The USB setup of wireless connection can be used in printers that do not have a touch display. You can specify that you will use USB wireless connection during the software installation. Connect one end of the USB cable to the computer and the other end to the printer. Now, follow the instructions on the computer to complete the process. 123.hp.com/setup 6968.
How to setup web services using the HP printer software?
If you have forgotten to set up Web Services during the first time setup, you can do it now.
How to set up Web Services (Windows)?
- Open the printer software.
- Go to the Print, Scan & Fax section in the software and then choose ePrint Setup.
- Select the Web Services tab.
- Under the Web Services Settings, choose Setup and then select Continue.
- Follow the instructions to agree to the terms of conditions.
- When asked, allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.
- In case your network uses proxy settings, enter the following.
- Select Enter Proxy.
- Now, specify the proxy server settings and choose Done.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server.Follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to set up Web Services (OS X)?
Use your HP Officejet Pro printer’s embedded web server (EWS) to set up and manage web services.
- Open the embedded web server (EWS).
- Select the Web Services tab.
- Choose Setup in the Web Services Settings section.
- When asked, allow your HP printer to check for and install the updated automatically.
- Your printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to setup web services using the HP OJPro 6968 printer’s control panel?
With the use of web services in your HP Officejet Pro printers, you can access the internet in a jiffy, obtain documents and print them without any hassles.
NOTE: You cannot make use of these web services if your printer is connected through an USB cable.
The two types of Web Services are,
- HP ePrint and
- Print apps
How to set up Web Services?
SET UP WEB SERVICES USING THE PRINTER’S CONTROL PANEL
Your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer’s control panel will provide you an easy way to set up web services. Follow the instructions step by step to complete the process without any hassles.
- Ensure that your HP Officejet Pro printer is connected to a working Internet connection through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Select Print Apps or HP ePrint from the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on Yes in the Auto Update screen to let your printer check for and install your product updates.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server.
- Follow the instructions on the information page to complete the setup process.
- You can download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6968.