Power saving mode
When you put your HP Deskjet 4720 printer, power usage is reduced. Once you setup the printer for the first time, your printer will automatically enter Sleep mode after it lies inactive for 5 days.With the use of this feature, you can automatically save energy by scheduling your printer On and Off timings. For example, you can set your printer to stay offline during weekends and function from 8AM to 8PM during weekdays.You can download driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 4720.
Deskjet printers are mainly used at office and at your home in your comfort zone. According to your usage, you can opt for a higher end version. This inkjet printer from HP is a one stop solution to all your printing needs. HP Deskjet 4720 is a multi-functional printer used to print, scan and copy a document or photo. The printer is definitely your go to place as you can count on its reliability.You can download driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 4720.
HP Deskjet 4720 printer users also have the liberty to use wither wireless connection or Ethernet connection.Ethernet is the most sought after local area network (LAN) technology. The user will be given an Ethernet cable along with the printer. Connect one end of the cable to the modem or router and then connect the other end to your printer to enjoy uninterrupted Internet connection.You can download driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 4720.
Wired printer setup guide
Setting up your HP Deskjet 4720 printer is an easy task. Ensure that you switch off the wireless connection before setting up wired connection. You need to have a router to connect and pick the appropriate wire for the connection. Connect one end of the wire to the LAN port in your router and connect the other end to the port that is available in the printer. Follow the instructions displayed on screen to setup the connection.
How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection (Windows)?
- Remove the Ethernet plug from your HP Deskjet 4720 printer.
- After proper installation, open the HP printer software.
- You will have to run the wireless setup wizard to make the wireless connection up and working.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless connection (Windows)?
- Perform any one of the following depending on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > All Apps – – > Printer Name – – > Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > HP Deskjet 4720
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- Now, select Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
- You can download driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 4720.
How to update the printer using printer’s control panel?
- Go to the 123.hp.com/setup 4720 printer’s control panel display screen and tap on HP ePrint.
- Click on OK and then touch Settings followed by Printer Update.
- Tap on Check for Product Update and then follow the instructions displayed on screen.
How to enable the printer to automatically check for updates?
- Touch the HP ePrint option from the printer’s control panel display screen. Click OK.
- Select Settings and then choose Printer Update.
- From the list of options available, click on Auto Update and then press ON.
How to update the printer using embedded web server?
- Open the embedded web server (EWS).
- Navigate to the Web Services tab.
- Click on Product Update in the Web Services Settings. Tap on Check Now and follow the prompts.
- If you do not see the product update option, do the following.
- Go to the Web Services Settings section to click on Setup. Choose Continue and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When asked, allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.