Before you begin the print job, you need to load unused letter or A4 papers in the input tray of your HP Envy 4500 printer. Once you have finalised what document or photo you need to print, the user has the access to choose whether you need Black and White or Colour printing. After choosing, the latter, click on the Print option to star the print job.You can download the software from 123.hp.com/envy4500 or 123.hp.com/setup 4500.
Webscan is a specialized feature of the EWS that will allow you to scan photos and documents from your HP printer to your computer using a web browser.Open EWS. Select the Settings option.Go to the Security section, choose Administrator Settings and then click OK.To enable Webscan, choose Webscan option.Choose Apply and then click OK.Go to the Scan tab, tap on Webscan in the left pane to change settings.Touch Start Scan.
Users can send a single or multipage fax (in black and white or color) from the printer’s control panel.Place the original document print side down on the scanner glass or print side up on the ADF. Tap on Fax from the printer’s control panel display screen.Using the keypad, enter the fax number.Choose between Black and Color.You can download the software from 123.hp.com/envy4500 or 123.hp.com/setup 4500.
HP Auto wireless connect
- Your desktop or laptop should use Windows Vista (and newer) and Max OS X 10.5 (and newer) versions of the operating system.
- The operating system installed on your computer is in control of the wireless adapter through which the HP software will retrieve the desktop or laptop’s current network settings(the username and password).
- Your computer device and your printer should be connected to a wireless connection.
- Your computer is connected to your wireless network over 2.4 GHz. (NOTE: HP printers do not work in 5.0 GHz networks. But, you might be able to connect the printer to network using different setup methods till your modem or router supports 2.4 GHz.
- Make note that your desktop or laptop does not use a static IP address.
- Your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer will be HP Auto Wireless Connect mode for two hours after it is switched on for the first time or during installation before it’s connected to a network. (If your printer has been switched on for more than two hours and the software hasn’t still tried to connect the printer to your wireless network, then you can reset the mode.
- Open printer’s control panel and then click on ‘Restore Network Settings’ or ‘Restore Network defaults’.)
Sometimes, other technical and environmental factors may also affect the compatibility of HP Auto Wireless Connect. The recommended setup method is offered during the installation of your printer.
During the setup process, a part of the process may require your computer to be disconnected from the wireless network temporarily, which means you wouldn’t have access to the internet. Before performing this operation, make sure you save any online documents you are working on or complete any downloads before continuing.
If HP Auto Wireless Connect is not successful or not offered during the software installation, then you will be asked to use another wireless setup method.
Wireless setup wizard
Users can also print a Wireless Quick Start Guide to connect your HP Envy 4500 printer wirelessly.
How to print a wireless quick start guide?
Press the Information button and hold it for at least 3 seconds. Now, the start guide page will be printed which will help you connect the HP Envy 4500 printer wirelessly.
How to set up the wireless connection using the HP printer software?
If you are yet to install your HP Envy 4500 printer, use the CD that came in with the printer to install it and follow the steps below.
Windows: When asked, tap on the Wireless icon and then follow the onscreen instructions displayed on the screen.
OS X: On the software CD, double-click on HP Installer option and perform the following tasks.
- To open the printer software, click on it.
- If you are using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, touch Utilities.
- Select Printer Setup & Software.
- Now, touch Connect a new printer and follow the on-screen prompts.
Macintosh (OS X):
- Open the Hewlett Packard folder and double click on the HP Utility icon located in the Applications folder.
- Select Setup New Device from the Devices menu and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can download the software from 123.hp.com/envy4500 or 123.hp.com/setup 4500