Power saving mode
Sleep mode can be useful for users who want to consume electricity. When Sleep Mode is enabled on your HP Deskjet 2540 printer, power usage is reduced. Your printer will automatically enter Sleep Mode after the printer lies inactive after 5 minutes.You can download also latest driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 2540.
HP Deskjet 2540 is an inkjet printer. This is a common type of computer printer that will help in recreating a digital image by embedding droplets of ink onto plastic, paper and other materials.Inkjet printers are one of the most commonly used printers. HP Deskjet 2150 printer is one such printer that has a compact design and can reproduce digital images in good quality.You can download also latest driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 2540.
Ethernet connection can be used when your HP Deskjet 2540 printer does not have a touch display.During the software installation process, you can mention that you will use USB wireless connection.Now, connect one end of the USB cable to the computer and the other end to the printer. Follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the process.You can download also latest driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 2540.
HP DJ 2540 Wired printer setup guide
- Your HP Deskjet 2540 printer must be switched on.
- Network SSID and password
Steps to follow:
- Press on the Wireless icon on the HP Deskjet 2540 printer front panel to switch it on.
- On your Mac, on the airport bar, click on HP SETUP.
- Now on your printer select Settings →Print Report→ Network Configuration and print it.
- This page has the Network SSID and the printers connected to the network.
- Note the IP address from this and the Network Name is HP Setup which is the SSID.
- Now open Safari and type in the IP address.
- The Embedded web server pages opens which are actually pages on the printer.
- Click on the Networking tab and click Wireless.
- In this tab you can select Wired or Wireless, depending on your printer.
- Select Wireless and type in your SSID in the Advanced tab.
- In Infrastructure select Web Encryption and type in your Password and click Apply.
- Now print out another Network Configuration page (procedure same as above) and note down the SSID.
- On your Mac, go to the device Manager→ Information and Settings →Setup and follow through the on screen instructions and complete the 123.hp.com/setup 2540
- You can download also latest driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/setup 2540.
HP DJ 2540 Printer driver and firmware update
By default, if you have connected your HP Deskjet 2540 printer to the wireless network and Web Services is switched on, the printer will automatically check for updates.
How to update the printer using printer’s control panel?
- Touch the Setup option from the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Printer Maintenance option from the list of options.
- Now, choose Update the Printer.
How to enable the printer to automatically check for updates?
- Tap on the HP ePrint icon from the printer’s home screen. Click on OK.
- Now, select Settings, and then choose Update the Printer.
- Tap on Auto Update and then choose ON.
How to update the printer using embedded web server?
- Open the embedded web server.
- Click and open the Tools tab.
- Navigate to the Printer Updates section, select Firmware Updates and then follow the on-screen prompts.
OPEN THE HP PRINTER SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
Go to 123.hp.com to download the software according to the model of your printer. Download the necessary driver and utility files and perform the following. If you are not able to download the software, use the software CD that came with your printer to install the software.
Windows 8.1: On the left hand corner of the desktop, select the down arrow and then choose HP Deskjet 2540.
Windows 8: On your Start screen, right click on any empty area. On the app bar, click on All Apps and then tap on HP Deskjet 2540.
Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Click on Start button from the desktop. AllPrograms – – > HP – – > HP Deskjet 2540 – – > HP Deskjet 2540.