123.hp.com/ojpro8730 – USB port
Take out the software CD that came with the HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer and insert it in the CD-ROM drive. (NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable to your HP printer untilthe printer asks you to do so.)Carefully, follow the instructions displayed on screen. When you are prompted, select USB option on the Connection Options screen.Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
123.hp.com/ojpro8730 – Connect Ethernet
If you prefer wired connection to wireless connection, then you should make use of it. The only disadvantage is that with wired connection, you can only connect one device with the printer. Connect the wide end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN port and connect the other end of the cable to HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer.
123.hp.com/ojpro8730 – Scan documents
Choose the Scan option from the HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer’s home screen display screen.In case you don’t find the Scan option, press the Up and Down buttons from the Home menu. You will find the Scan option from the menu. Now, tap on Scan to Computer.Users can select the computer that they want to scan to from the display screen of the printer.
Ink cartridges installation
How to check the ink levels from the printer software?
- Based on the operating system you have installed, perform one of the following tasks.
- Windows 8 : Right click on an empty area on your Start screen. Now,go to the app bar to select All Apps. Finally, click the icon that bears your printer name
- Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista: Desktop – – Start – – >All Programs – – > HP – – > HP Officejet Pro 8730.
- On the printer software, press the Estimated Ink levels to know your requirement.
How to locate the cartridge number on the printer?
To locate the cartridge number on the printer is one of the easiest tasks. Go to the cartridge access door and then look for the number In case if you are not able to find the cartridge number, you can also find it through the HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer software.
How to locate the cartridge number in the printer software?
- Perform one of the following tasks based the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on your Start screen.Navigate to the app bar to click on All Apps. Now, you need to click and open the folder that has your printer’s name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start — >All Programs- – > HP – – >HP Officejet Pro 8730
- On your printer’s display screen, tap on Shop option and then select Shop for supplies online.
Web Services setup
With the use of web services in your HP Officejet Pro printers, you can access the internet in a jiffy, obtain documents and print them without any hassles.
NOTE: You cannot make use of these web services if HP Officejet Pro 8730 your printer is connected through an USB cable.
The two types of Web Services are,
- HP ePrint and
- Print apps
How to set up Web Services?
SET UP WEB SERVICES USING THE PRINTER’S CONTROL PANEL
Your 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 printer’s control panel will provide you an easy way to set up web services.
- Ensure that your HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer is connected to a working Internet connection through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Select Print Apps or HP ePrint from the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on Yes in the Auto Update screen to let your printer check for and install your product updates.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server.
- Follow the instructions on the information page to complete the setup process.
How to set up Web Services (Windows)?
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 8730 printer software.
- Go to the Print, Scan & Fax section in the software and then choose ePrint Setup.
- Select the Web Services tab.
- Under the Web Services Settings, choose Setup and then select Continue.
- Follow the instructions to agree to the terms of conditions.
- When asked, allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.
- In case your network uses proxy settings, enter the following.
- Select Enter Proxy.
- Now, specify the proxy server settings and choose Done.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server.Follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to set up Web Services (OS X)?
Use your 123.hp.com/ojpro730 printer’s embedded web server (EWS) to set up and manage web services.