Auto Wireless connect
HP offers a new technology called HP Auto Wireless Connect which enables the user to connect their HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to the wireless network automatically without asking the user to connect any wires/cables or enter the wireless network settings such as the network name and password. Several newer versions of HP printers have this capability and you can enable it during the driver software installation process.You can download driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978.
With your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, you are entitled to use the scan option to scan any documents or photos. The scanned documents are converted into an image file and you can either send to any recipient or preserve them for other purposes. You can also access any advanced settings like color, paper type, etc.You can download driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978.
Users of 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer can either choose Black and white mode or color mode before the printing job commences. Additional information is that you can save up to 50% on ink with the help of HP Instant Ink service. By doing so, the ink cartridges needed will be delivered to the user before you run out of ink. However, you need to subscribe for the HP Instant ink service. 123.hp.com/ojpro6978.
OJPRO 6978 Printer Driver Software download
NOTE: While installing the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer software in the printer, make sure that your computer and the printer is connected to a network connection. It can either be wireless, or wired or USB connection.
- Unbox your newly bought HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless printer from its packaging.
- Connect one end of the wire to the USB port in the printer and the other end to the wall socket.
- Now, switch on the HP printer by pressing the Power button.
- The LCD screen with several buttons and icons is the control panel of your HP printer.
- Install the ink cartridges by unpacking from the package.
- Remove the protective tape on the ink cartridge.
- Slowly, insert the ink cartridge into its place according to the color code. Push it in until it locks into place.
- Go to hp.com/ojpro6978 to download the needed software and drivers for your Wireless printer.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- You can also install the software from the CD that came with the printer. Insert the CD into the drive and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the process, save the settings and click Close to complete.
OJPRO 6978 Web Services setup
With the use of web services in your HP printers, you can access the internet in a jiffy, obtain documents and print them without any hassles.
NOTE: You cannot make use of these web services if your printer is connected through an USB cable. The two types of Web Services are,
- HP ePrint and
- Print apps
How to set up Web Services?
Your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer’s control panel will provide you an easy way to set up web services.
- Ensure that your HP printer is connected to a working Internet connection through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Select Print Apps or HP ePrint from the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on Yes in the Auto Update screen to let your printer check for and install your product updates.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server.
- Follow the instructions on the information page to complete the setup process.
How to set up Web Services (Windows)?
- Open the printer software.
- Go to the Print, Scan & Fax section in the software and then choose ePrint Setup.
- Select the Web Services tab.
- Under the Web Services Settings, choose Setup and then select Continue.
- Follow the instructions to agree to the terms of conditions.
- When asked, allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.
- In case your network uses proxy settings, enter the following.
- Select Enter Proxy.
- Now, specify the proxy server settings and choose Done.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to the server. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to set up Web Services (OS X)?
Use your printer’s embedded web server (EWS) to set up and manage web services.