The Fax option in your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer will enable you to transfer important files in a secured manner. From your fax-compatible printer you can easily transport legal documents and photos via fax to a particular person through the given fax number. Make sure the recipient also has a fax compatible printer with them. You can download driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro6968.
The Copy menu on your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer will enable you to easily select number of copies, color/black and white to copy on any paper. The user will also be able to access and change advanced settings like changing the paper size, type, resizing the print document and adjusting the contrast and darkness of the copy. You can download driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro6968.
An HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer user can easily scan any original documents or photo for preservation purpose or to email them. The scan process can be performed from the printer’s control panel or from your computer/laptop.If you want to quickly scan one page to an image file, you can access it from the control panel. If you want to scan multiple pages, then access the Scan option from your computer.
HP OJPRO 6968 driver and firmware update
By default, if you have connected your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer to the wireless network and Web Services is switchedon, the printer will automatically check for updates.
How to update the printer using printer’s control panel?
- Touch the Setup option from the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Printer Maintenance option from the list of options.
- Now, choose Update the Printer.
How to enable the printer to automatically check for updates?
- Tap on the HP ePrint icon from the printer’s home screen. Click on OK.
- Now, select Settings, and then choose Update the Printer.
- Tap on Auto Update and then choose ON.
How to update the printer using embedded web server?
- Open the embedded web server.
- Click and open the Tools tab.
- Navigate to the Printer Updates section, select Firmware Updates and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Go to 123.hp.com to download the software according to the model of your printer. Download then necessary driver and utility files and perform the following. If you are not able to download the software, use the software CD that came with your printer to install the software.
Windows 8.1: On the left hand corner of the desktop, select the down arrow and then choose HP Officejet Pro 6968.
Windows 8: On your Start screen, right click on any empty area. On the app bar, click on All Apps and then tap on your printer’s name.
Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Click on Start button from the desktop. All Programs – – > HP – – > HP Officejet Pro 6968- – > HP Officejet Pro 6968.
How to setup a wired connection?
The users can establish a wired connection between your computer and your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer by following the below mentioned steps. Ensure that your printer has an Ethernet cable and supports wired connection to a network. You can verify whether your printer compatible or not on 123.hp.com/ojpro6968. When prompted to choose a connection type during installation, you will have to choose Wired network or Ethernet option.
- A router
- If the router does not have any ports, we need a switch or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- An Ethernet cable.
How to connect the printer to the network?
- Make sure that your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer is switched on.
- Remove the protective tape or plastic plug from the Ethernet port on the printer. You can find it near the power outlet.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer’s port and connect the other end to the router, switch or hub.
- Now, the wired connection is established between the printer and computer. This connection makes sure that the printer is found by the computer automatically during the installation process.
- After the process is done, visit 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 site to download the latest drivers and software.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can download driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro6968.