Near field communication
Near Field Communication (NFC) will enable your computer to share content with NFC-enabled devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.) by establishing a wireless connection when the machines are placed close together. With HP Officejet 6100 printer, you can make use of this service by HP to get your job done in a jiffy.
The USB port in your HP Officejet 6100 printer and your computer will allow you establish wired connection between the devices. This will enable you to share documents or photos to the devices and it will also help you in connecting with the internet connection. With the use of multiple USB ports, you can connect multiple devices provided you have necessary cables.
On the search bar, type Windows for change device installation and then choose Change deice installation settings in the list of options displayed.Now, the Device Installation Settings window appears. Choose the Yes option and then click Save Changes.Now, connect your HP printer to the computer/laptop with a USB cable or Ethernet connection or wirelessly.
123.hp.com/oj6100 wireless setup
You will need the following items to connect the printer to an integrated wirelessnetwork.
- A wireless 802.11b/g/n network that includes a wireless router or access point.
- The printer and the computer should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Network name (SSID)
- WEP key or WPA passcode (if needed)
How to connect your printer using HP printer software (Windows)?
- Perform one of the following based on whether you have installed the HP Officejet 6100 printer software.
- If you have not installed the HP printer software on your computer,
- Insert the software CD that came with the printer.
- When asked, choose Wireless and then follow the onscreen instructions. If you have the HP printer software installed on your computer,
- Open the HP Officejet 6100 printer software.
- From the menu listed, click on Tools.
- Select Device Setup and Software.
- Tap on Connect a new device and then select Wireless. Now, follow the on screen instructions.
- Once the printer is connected successfully, the blue wireless light will remain on.
123.hp.com/oj6100 Copy setup
The Copy option on your HP Officejet 6100 printer allows you to copy any number of copies on a plain paper.Using the advanced options, you can change options according to your need.
How to copy documents?
- On the paper tray, load full-size plain white paper.
- Lift the OJ 6100 printer’s lid and place the original document print-side down on the right corne rof the scanner glass.
- Now, close the scanner lid.
- To start copying, choose Copy from the printer’s home screen.
- In case you don’t see he Copy option on the printer’s display screen, tap on the Home button and press Up and Down till you see the Copy option.
- On the Copy menu, mention the number of copies you want to make. Now, click on OK.
- Select the button near the options Start Black Copy or Start Color Copy to copy the original document on a plain white paper
How to replace the ink cartridges?
- While carrying out this process, ensure that your printer is switched on.
- Lift the ink cartridges access door. Now, wait till the print carriage moves to its right.
- To remove the ink cartridges from its place, press the front of the cartridge.
- Now, remove the protective tapes off the new ink cartridge.
- Slide in the new ink cartridges one by one in its appropriate place.
- Repeat the same process for each ink cartridges.
- Close the access door of the ink cartridge.