If you are an avid apple product user, then you definitely need to get your hands on Airprint when you decide to print with your brand new HP Officejet 5740 printer. The Airprint feature will allow you to print a document or photo from any of the Apple devices by connecting your Officejet 5740 printer to a wireless connection.123.hp.com/oj5740.
The ePrint feature in the HP Officejet 5740 printer is a cloud-based service that will enable you to print documents and pictures from your mobile phone, tablets and any Android device. You can make use of the ePrint setup rom anywhere provided that your printer is connected to a working wireless connection. E-mail the document to the assigned address and get it printed.
Google offers cloud print service that will help you to share printers with several different kinds of application when connected to a wireless connection and a web-connected device. If you have a google id, then you can easily sign up for Google Cloud print and then enjoy printing. With a massive search engine like Google at your disposal, everything is made easy.
HP Officejet 5740 Copy setup
When you use the Copy menu on the HP Officejet 5740 printer’s control panel, users are entitled to select the number of copies and black and white or color copying.
How to copy documents?
- Ensure that you have unused plain white paper stacked in the paper tray.
- Now, place the original document print side up on the automatic document feeder (ADF) or print side down on the scanner glass.
- Touch the Copy button listed on the printer’s control panel display screen.
- To specify the number of copies, scroll up and down.
- From the options listed, choose White or Black to start the copy process.
How to connect HP printer to Windows?
- Click on the Start button on your desktop screen.
- On the search menu bar, type ‘Add Printer’.
- A new dialog box appears and asks which type of printer you want to install.
- Select Add a network wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Select ‘Use an existing port’ and click Next.
- If you have selected USB connection, then choose Add a local printer.
- From the list of options available, choose the printer name and then click Next.
- A new dialog box opens asking you to install the printer driver.
- Go to the Windows update tab and then tap on HP or Hewlett Packard.
123.hp.com/oj5740 Fax setup
How to send a standard fax?
Users can send a single or multipage fax (in black and white or color) from HP Officejet 5740 printer’s control panel.
- Place the original document print side down on the scanner glass or print side up on the ADF.
- Tap on Fax from the printer’s control panel display screen.
- Using the keypad, enter the fax number.
- Choose between Black and Color.
How to send a standard fax from the computer (Windows)?
- Open the document which you want to fax to.
- Click the File menu on your software, and then choose the Print option.
- On the Name list, choose the printer which bears ‘fax’ in the name.
- To change the fax settings, click on the button that opens the Properties box. (Properties may also be called as Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences.)
- Once you have made necessary changes, click OK.
- Now, select OK or Print.
- Enter the recipients fax number; make any last minute changes and the select Send Fax.
How to send a standard fax from the computer (OS X)?
- Open the document which you want to fax.
- On your printer software, click Print option from the File menu.
- Choose the printer which has ‘Fax’ in the name.
- Tap on Fax Recipients from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the recipients Fax number and other information in the boxes provided. Tap on Add to Recipients.
- Touch the Fax Mode and other fax options and click Send Fax now.
- When asked, enter the fax number.