Wi-Fi network setup
Establishing a Wi-fi connection will help you in getting your job done without having to connect your 123.hp.com/oj4630 printer and computer with cable. You can order your printer to do its job from anywhere at anytime through the HP ePrint service. The HP ePrint works only when the printer is connected to a working wireless connection.
Auto Wireless connect
Auto Wireless connect, a new service from the HP helps the user to connect their 123.hp.com/oj4630 printer to the wireless network automatically without asking the user to connect the two devices using any wires/cables or by entering the wireless network settings such as the network username and password. User can enable this service during the software installation process.
If you are not comfortable in using wireless connection or if there is any repair with the 123.hp.com/oj4630 printer, you can establish a wired connection through the Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the wire to the Ethernet port in the router and the other end of the cable to the printer. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
HP OJ 4630 Auto Wireless connect
Your desktop or laptop should use Windows Vista (and newer) and Max OS X 10.5 (and newer) versions of the operating system.
The operating system installed on your computer is in control of the wireless adapter through which the HP software will retrieve the desktop or laptop’s current network settings(the username and password).
Your computer device and your HP Officejet 4630 printer should be connected to a wireless connection.
Your computer is connected to your wireless network over 2.4 GHz. (NOTE: HP printers do not work in 5.0 GHz networks. But, you might be able to connect the printer to network using different setup methods till your modem or router supports 2.4 GHz.
Make note that your desktop or laptop does not use a static IP address.
Your HP Officejet 4630 printer will be HP Auto Wireless Connect mode for two hours after it is switched on for the first time or during installation before it’s connected to a network. (If your printer has been switched on for more than two hours and the software hasn’t still tried to connect the printer to your wireless network, then you can reset the mode. Open printer’s control pane land then click on ‘Restore Network Settings’ or ‘Restore Network defaults’.)
Sometimes, other technical and environmental factors may also affect the compatibility of HP Auto Wireless Connect. The recommended setup method is offered during the installation of your printer.During the setup process, a part of the process may require your computer to be disconnected from the wireless network temporarily, which means you wouldn’t have access to the internet. Before performing this operation, make sure you save any online documents you are working on or complete any downloads before continuing.You can download driver and software from 123.hp.com/oj4630.
123.hp.com/oj4630 Wireless Direct
How to connect wirelessly to the printer without a router?
- On you 123.hp.com/oj4630 printer’s home screen, select Wireless Direct.
- From the list of options available, click on Wireless Direct and then press the OK button.
- Choose On without security option by using the buttons to the right. Click ok.
- Now, tap on the button next to Display Name to find the wireless direct name.
- If you want to know your password, click on the button next to Display Password.
How to open the embedded Web server through Wireless direct?
- Choose the Wireless option from the printer’s control panel and then press Settings.
- If you want to switch on the wireless direct, tap on Wireless Direct and then choose ON (No Security) or On (With Security).
- Now, on your computer, turn on the wireless icon and connect to the wireless direct name you noted from your printer’s home screen. If you have enabled security, enter the password when asked.
- Now, go to any Web browser of your choice and type the following in the address bar – http://192.168.223.1
How to improve print quality?
- It is essential to check whether you have been using original HP ink cartridges.
- From the Media drop down list, on your printer software, choose the appropriate paper type.
- Go to the Quality Settings tab and then choose the print quality you need.
- To access the print properties, select Print & Scan and then choose Set Preferences.
- Double check if the ink cartridges are low on ink. If they are, replace them with the original cartridges.
- Now, align the cartridges.