HOW TO CONNECT HP PRINTER TO MAC WITHOUT CD
Learn different ways to connect your HP Printer to your Mac operating system. Along with your printer, there is a driver CD that is mostly outdated. With the help of our experts, we have identified the different methods by which you can easily connect your HP Printer to the computer.
INSTALLING PRINTER DRIVER IN MAC
Before you start setting up your printer, make sure that your HP Printer has updated the printer software. Follow the steps to install the updated printing software on your Mac
- Go to Menu on your Apple computer and select System Preferences
- Select Printer & Scanner
- Click the Add Printer button to add your HP Printer to your computer.
For a new printer driver installation,
- Go to 123.hp.com and search for your Printer driver
- Click to download the latest printer model software.
- Close the window of system preferences.
CONNECT YOUR HP PRINTER (WI-FI) TO MAC
- Turn HP Printer ON
- Go to Settings > Wireless Setup
- Choose the network you want your printer to connect to.
- Type your network name and hit
- Enter if your wireless network is not displayed.
- To connect to your network, enter your WI-Fi password.
For printers that do not support the touchscreen menu, press the Wireless icon in your printer control panel for a long time. A blue light begins to flash into the printer control panel. Your printer will automatically connect to the available WI-Fi network.
CONNECT YOUR 123 HP PRINTER USING HP SOFTWARE
Install HP Printer Software
- On your browser go to 123.hp.com
- Search your printer model for printer drivers.
- When you have found click the Download button.
- Your computer starts downloading your printer software.
- When you download the software, install it using the above steps.
- Click the wireless network when requested for the connection type.
- Click Continue to complete your printer software installation.
- Installing your HP Printer on your computer has been successful.
Now you can print, scan or copy on your Mac using the HP Printer.
CONNECT YOUR HP PRINTER USING WIRED (ETHERNET) CONNECTION
- Connect HP Printer to Mac Computer without using USB Cable
- Turn on HP Printer and Computer
- Connect the flat side of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the square side to the printer
- You can find a green light near the Ethernet port on your computer.
- Go to HP Easy Smart on your Mac Click on Wired Network (Ethernet) to follow the on-screen instructions for the successful installation of the HP Printer software.
- Your printer is ready to print, scan and copy using your Apple computer when you complete the steps. You have thus succeeded in setting up your HP Printer without using the installation CD