123 HP Envy 4520 Printer Overview
HP Envy 4520 InkJet is generally an multi-functional Printer that can also Copy, Scan and Photo documents. It is elegantly designed to be sleek and stylish in appearance especially for the Home and Small Office users. HP Envy 4520 is built with a 2.65 inches monochrome screen display for an swift setup and easy printer operation. Now you can print Photos using the HP Envy Wireless Direct and then get the Ink Advantage on every time. Easy connect to your HP Envy 4520 printer from a mobile and tablet and then wireless print from anywhere.
HP Envy 4520 first time printer setup
Step 1: Unbox Printer for an HP Envy 4520 installation
- First of all get the 123.hp.com/envy 4520 printer and its accessories out from its container shipment
- Get rid of the cellophane tapes and external packing’s wrapped around the printer. Then place the printer at a desired location
- Locate the printer control panel screen and then tear away the protective sticker
- Lift up to open the cartridge access door and then dispose the internal packaging materials from your printer. Shut down then cartridge access door
- Peel off the sticker from Input tray and then open the tray to clear away the protective materials that is present within
- Check for any packaging, tapes and stickers that is affixed to your printer and then dispose it off for an recycling process
Step 2: Initializing your HP Envy 4520 Setup to a computer
- Before establishing a power connection for your printer try to ensure that the Input Tray is securely latched and all its protective materials are discarded for an recycling process.
- Connect the power cable to HP 4520 and its other end to wall outlet. Switch on the power button and then try to set the preferences
- If printer is not powered then check for a proper cable fitment to printer end. Now press the power button in the HP Envy 4520
- Once your printer boots up and screen display flashes then try to initialize the Date, Time and Language for your printer. This could be easily done by utilizing the Up/Down arrow buttons in the control panel
Step 3: Load paper within the 123.hp.com/envy 4520 Paper Tray
- If you have the Ink Cartridges installed in your printer then you can go to load the paper within tray. Follow the given below instructions to print an alignment page.
- Always install the general purpose A4 sheets within the Input Tray for ready printing
- Open the Input Tray and then extend it to the maximum level
- Slide the pair of paper width guides far apart towards the tray edges
- Now try to load a stack of A4 sheets preserving its long edge hitting the tray end
- Slide inward the paper width guides until they limit the space provided by the print media. This should keep the paper sheets uncurled and intact
Step 4: Install the Ink Cartridges HP Envy 4520
- Open the ink cartridge access door and then check for the print carriage bar to remain silent and idle
- Remove the HP InkJet Cartridges from its protective cover and then get it ready for installation. Ensure that you remove the plastic flaps from the Ink Cartridges
- Open up the cartridge tab for installing the Black and Tri-color Ink Cartridges
- Slide the ink cartridges with respect to the color coding that is available over the cartridge slots. Push it until you hear a click sound
- Ensure that all the HP Ink Cartridges are installed to the 123.hp.com/envy 4520
- Close the cartridge tab and then the Ink Cartridge access door
Step 5: Perform the HP Envy 4520 Ink Jet Cartridge alignment
- You should now use the 123.hp.com/envy 4520 to print an alignment page and then confirm on the successful installation of Ink Cartridges.
- Lift the scanner lid and then place the test page over the scanner glass within the engraved marks. Then tap OK button over the screen panel
- Now begin to scan the test page and then find out if the cartridges are aligned properly
Step 6: Procedure to Install HP Envy 4520 Printer Software
- You are now complete with the HP 4520 hardware installation. You should try to install the software by downloading the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 4520.
- Read printer manual to know about the list of compatible software and driver for installing HP Printer
- Printer Software is also available from the installation disk. Load this Setup CD and then follow the screen instruction to install the printer software
Overview of HP Envy 4520 Printer Setup and Install
HP Envy 4520 Driver Setup and Install
- Open a web browser and then go to 123.hp.com. Place the cursor over the search bar and then type HP Envy 4520 series to click Begin button
- Now find for the specific envy printer driver and software to download it to computer. Click Save or Run button and then follow the screen instructions to begin the Auto Setup process
- Over the installer prompt try to specify the desired Printer Name and click Next button
- Provide the USB/Wireless connection setup and then click Next button to proceed to the end of printer driver installation
- Restart your computer and then update the 123.hp.com/setup 4520
123 HP Envy 4520 Software Installation on computer startup
HP Envy 4520 Software Update and Install for Windows
HP Envy 4520 driver should be auto-updated frequently for installing it over the windows. 123 HP Printer Setup guidelines should enable you to get connected to a window that is Internet powered.
Open a default Web Browser and then access 123.hp.com webpage. Click search bar and then enter the printer model with its series. Click the GO button.
You should get a search list that constitute of many printer driver ready to download. Choose the most appropriate customized driver software and then click the link for download. Now disconnect the printer USB cable. Go to downloads folder and then double click Auto Setup file.
Follow the onscreen instructions to provide a printer name and then click Next. Then specify the USB connection over the installer setup. Now connect the USB cable to printer and then go to the screen instructions to click Next. Try to finish the installer program and then establishing a printer USB connection to computer.
Wireless Setup for HP Envy 4520 Printer on Mac and Windows OS
You should follow the instruction procedures to setup your 123.hp.com/envy 4520 over Macintosh and Windows OS. Prior to the printer wireless setup make sure that the 123.hp.com/setup 4520 is sufficiently enabled to print across a local network.
Procedures to connect the HP Envy 4520 wireless setup
- Locate the wireless button in the control panel and then press it. Check if the wireless LED is blinking
- Press the ePrint button in the control panel and then check if there appears a network authentication message over the screen panel
- Try to use the screen keyboard to enter the wireless network name and the WPA passphrase text. Tap OK button
- In a few minutes your printer should be able to connect to a wireless network
- Now you can utilize the printer installation disk and then manually update the 123.hp.com/setup 4520 driver
- Steps to convert an USB connection to a traditional wireless network
- Go to the windows start menu and then run the 123.hp.com/envy 4520 software
- Click the tools menu and then select connect printer to a web option
- Follow the screen instructions and then specify wireless connection. Click Next button
- Now enter the wireless network name and WEP key to click Next button
- Your HP Envy 4520 should automatically get connected to a wireless network
Procedure to establish the HP Envy 4520 WPS Setup
- Press the wireless button in the control panel. Then enable the ePrint service from the screen display
- Make use of the screen keyboard to enter the service set identifier and its WPA passphrase. Tap OK button
- Once the printer gets connected to a wireless network then you should perform a Mac update immediately
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the 123.hp.com/setup 4520
- Try to get the given below requirements for performing a Wi-Fi Printer Installation.
- Default Wireless Network Name
- Network Security Key: Note down the WEP, WPA and WPA2 Passphrase text
- Know about the HP Envy 4520 wireless setup and then accordingly connect the computer using wireless feature
- Internet Access: Ensure that there is a direct presence of internet connection
- Your computer and router should be powered and securely connected to a common wireless network while setting up 123.hp.com/setup 4520
- Connect HP Envy 4520 to a wireless network.
- Get the 123.hp.com/envy 4520 powered on and then press wireless button in the control panel
- Now enable the ePrint service from the control panel display
- Follow the onscreen instructions and then achieve a printer wireless connection to a network
- Download the latest of HP Envy 4520 Printer Driver and then install it manually.
- Check if the printer power is kept on
- If you have the printer and computer connected through USB cable then try to disconnect the USB cable
- Now try to enter the printer model over the screen display and then proceed to connect your printer to the 123.hp.com/setup 4520 webpage
- Make sure that the auto update checkbox is enabled. Get the full version of printer driver downloaded and install to HP Envy 4520 Printer
HP Envy 4520 Printer Functions
A print from a computer or mobile should enable you to save the stored information into a physical copy. Usually the Print Install process allows you to program custom print settings and then render scalable fonts and reliable colors. Easy print the photo and document from a wireless capable mobile or computer.
Instantly get to capture your photos through 123.hp.com/envy 4520 preserving a high resolution. Easily copy your documents into an image file and then reprint it whenever required. Now you can quickly perform an ID Card copy and then reproduce Photos and Documents at lab quality.
Easy scan documents quickly through HP Envy 4520 Quick Forms and then store it over the web. Convert the many number of pages into a scan PDF file and then email it effectively. Now you can digital scan documents and then retrieve it whenever you need for printing.
HP Envy 4520 Photo is pre-formatted web contents that can instant print photo, coupon and tickets at high quality. Get the printables absolutely free of cost and then print it on demand. Effortlessly print your photos from a wireless capable mobile and tablet devices.
Procedure to Print a document using HP Envy 4520 Printer
123.hp.com/Setup 4520 is a versatile InkJet Printer that is designed efficiently to print from a wide range of print medias that includes the A4 Plain, Envelope, Cards and Labels sheets. While printing a document you should access the print dialog and then according to the Mac and Windows OS versions try changing print settings individually.
Print Documents on Windows:
- Here on windows you can define the print settings over a print dialog window and then achieve high quality printouts
- Edit a print document using a correct font & size, layout setting and appearances
- Click File menu button and then click Print option. Make sure that the print documents is run from the app that was utilized in creating it
- Click the Properties button and then go to advanced settings window
Now you can set values for a different number of print settings especially for the 123.hp.com/envy 4520. These print settings vary depending upon the chosen HP Printer Model. Some of the print settings are:
- Portrait or Landscape Orientation: Click to select the print layout and also the finishing settings
- Paper Tray/Source: Click Print Quality tab and then select the paper source
- Paper Type: Click paper type and then select the paper quality
- Duplex Printing: Click to select the Print on Both Sides option
- Click OK button and then click Print. 123.hp.com/setup 4520 should begin to print a document
Printing Documents on Mac
- Open any print document and then change its print settings to achieve a professional quality print
- In the beginning try to set the font and font size, then the print layout and appearance settings
- Click File menu and then go to Print command window. Select HP Envy 4520 Printer and then specify the correct paper type and orientation layout
- Click the Show Details link and then select any one of the preset options. Try to change the paper quality and paper type
- Go to another preset menu and then select the paper size and color settings
- Similarly you can set the paper tray, print quality settings that includes draft, normal and Max DPI mode
- You can also perform a two-sided printing in quick time
- Click Apply button and then click Print
Steps to Copy a Photo or Document using HP Envy 4520 Printer
HP Envy 4520 is well efficient of printing photos and documents over a standard paper and default print settings.
- Insert the Photo and Document within the Copier
- According to the number of scan pages you can load the originals within the Scanner Glass or ADF Setup
- Ensure that the printer is turned on power
- Check if the original is placed with the texts facing the glass. If you have a 2-sided copy operation then manually turn over the pages within the scanner glass
- Ensure that a standard size paper or photo card is loaded within the Input Tray
- Capture the document image
- You may use the touch screen panel to preview the scanned image and then change scan settings to get lab quality prints.
- Touch Copy button from the printer menu screen
- Press the Up/Down button and then set the number of copies to tap OK button
- Over the screen display you can edit Copy settings like color, brightness and contrast levels
- You can also set ID card settings and then load the other side of the ID Card over the scanner glass to obtain the ID Card copied
- Some of the copy settings that you can alter values are Photo Layout, Quality and Color Settings
- Then you should locate the Start Copy button within the screen panel to tap it
HP Envy 4520 Scan a Document or Image for Windows and Mac
123.hp.com/Setup 4520 is efficient in scanning document and image and then storing it within your printer. HP Envy 4520 is present with built-in apps for performing the scan operation. For the Scan to work perfectly you should have installed the full version of the HP Envy 4520 Printer Driver on windows.
HP Scan Software: Click the windows run command field and then enter HP Envy 4520 Scan Software. Click Go button. Double click 123.hp.com/setup 4520 software to run it on windows.
Compatibility: 123.hp.com provides the download link for printer drivers that are compatible for Win XP, Win 7 and Win 10 OS. You also get another HP Solution Center software that works similarly to that of HP Scan Software and then scan photos and documents exceptionally well.
Windows Paint: Go to the windows search bar and then enter Paint within the text field and then click Go. Double click MS Paint software to open it. Windows Paint is a powerful tool that can scan different kinds of photo formats and then edit them to an JPEG, PNG, TIFF or PDF formats according to the requirements.
HP Scan and Capture: You can download this software from an Microsoft store and then install it over windows. HP Scan and Capture software enables you to directly scan photos utilizing the windows computer and also permits you to edit, share or save the scanned file to a destination path.
You should be careful while downloading the printer driver that is compatible for your Mac OS version. Prior to performing a scan job it becomes mandatory that you frequently update the Mac OS with the suitable scan driver.
HP Easy Scan App: Once you have installed the HP Easy Scan App for the Mac OS then there should not be any problem in updating it. Therefore you need to get this HP Easy Scan App downloaded from 123.hp.com and then at once install it on Mac.
HP Scan Software: You get the HP Scan Software download link for both the windows and Mac OS. Ensure that you install the full version of the HP Scan Software according to the 123.hp.com/setup 4520. Basically this software is compatible on Mac OS X10.11 and other upgraded Mac versions.
Apple Image Capture: Go to the apple menu bar and then access all applications settings. Open the Apple Image Capture software that is generally available on Mac OS and OS X10.11 versions. While on earlier versions of macintosh you could only find Image Capture app that’s capable of basic scan alone. Apple Image Capture app is an automatic scan utility that popup immediately over the Mac start screen.
Know about the Scan Setup from the Control Panel and then utilize it thoroughly
First of all you should have the 123.hp.com/envy 4520 software installed and then go uninterrupted scanning. Easy access the 123.hp.com/setup 4520 screen and then touch to scan photos instantaneously.
Step 1: Place the document or image
Here you can learn about how to scan a document or photo using the 123.hp.com/setup 4520 Scan. Store the scanned document to a destination folder that is located within your computer.
Switch on the printer power from the control panel
Now you can scan images using two different methods and they are enumerated below
Scanner Glass: Place the image above the scanner glass with its print side relatively facing the glass. Ensure that the image does not cross the marked engraved lines. Push to close the scanner lid
ADF: If the HP Envy 4520 is present with an ADF tray then try to place the originals with print side set upward. Now try to check the control panel screen to find for Quick Form Scan app. Run this app to instantly scan your 2-sided document and flyer in a quick time span
Step 2: Perform editable Scan text Images and documents
- 123.hp.com/setup 4520 provides the user convenience in scanning different types of print media and thereafter editing them to a desired format.
- Go to the printer menu screen and then tap Scan folder
- You should try to select any one of the Scan options and then select the destination path
- Follow the screen instructions to finish the photo scanning. Tap OK button and then choose from a variety of options to save the scan photo within your computer
- PDF: You can at once store the photo without having to edit any further
- OCR: It is a Pre-formatted setting that would enable you to open the scanned photo using word program
- JPEG: It is one of the best fitting formats for storing your photos and documents within the computer
- Email as JPEG, PDF: Now you can directly forward the JPEG and PDF files over a email message