123 HP Deskjet 2130 Wireless Protected Setup
DJ 2130 Wireless protected setup
Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS) can be enabled by two ways over a wireless connection. The two modes are:
Push Button and
Requirement to setup
- Make sure that your wireless router and your HP Deskjet 2130 printer supports WPS Push Button mode.
- Check whether your wireless router has a WPS Push Button available or not.
- Your wireless network should use a WPA or WPA2 security.
How to connect using Push Button method?
- Click on the WPS Push Button mode on your HP Deskjet 2130 printer. (Users can check the printer manual to know where the function is. The Push Button may vary from model to model)
- Now, press the WPS button on your wireless router. (Note: Once you enable the Push Button mode on your printer, you will have to perform this step within two minutes.)
- Click on the Setup option and choose the Network option from the printer’s Control Panel.
- If you find your wireless network’s name, tap on it; otherwise add your network’s name manually.
- Enter the password when prompted and click Ok.
How to replace the cartridges?
- Check if the printer is switched on.
- Remove the empty ink cartridge from its slot.
- Gently, open the printer’s access door and open the latch on the ink cartridge slot.
- Slowly remove the cartridge from its place.
- Insert the new ink cartridge.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge.
- Use the pull tab to remove the plastic tape on the ink cartridge.
- Gently, push the new in cartridge in its slot until it is locked in its place.
- Once you hear the click sound, close the ink cartridge’s access door.
- After installing the new ink cartridge, your printer will ask you to align the cartridges when you try and print a document.
How to connect the printer with the USB cable?
- Take out the software CD that came with the printer and insert it in the CD-ROM drive. (NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable to your HP printer until the printer asks you to do so.)
- Carefully, follow the instructions displayed on screen. When you are prompted, select USB option on the Connection Options screen.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: If you have successfully installed the software, the printer will function as plug-and- play printer. If you have failed in installing the software, insert the CD again and follow the same process.