Wireless protected setup
Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS) can be enabled by two ways over a wireless connection. The twomodes are:
Requirement to setup
- Push Button and
- PIN mode
How to connect using Push Button method?
- Make sure that your wireless router and your HP Deskjet 2130 printer supports WPS Push Button mode.
- Check whether your wireless router has a WPS Push Button available or not.
- Your wireless network should use a WPA or WPA2 security.
How to replace the cartridges?
- Click on the WPS Push Button mode on your HP Deskjet 2130 printer. (Users can check the printer manual toknow where the function is. The Push Button may vary from model to model)
- Now, press the WPS button on your wireless router. (Note: Once you enable the PushButton mode on your printer, you will have to perform this step within two minutes.)
- Click on the Setup option and choose the Network option from the printer’s Control Panel.
- If you find your wireless network’s name, tap on it; otherwise add your network’s namemanually.
- Enter the password when prompted and click Ok.
How to connect the printer with the USB cable?
- Check if the printer is switched on.
- Remove the empty ink cartridge from its slot.
- Gently, open the printer’s access door and open the latch on the ink cartridge slot.
- Slowly remove the cartridge from its place.
- Insert the new ink cartridge.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge.
- Use the pull tab to remove the plastic tape on the ink cartridge.
- Gently, push the new in cartridge in its slot until it is locked in its place.
- Once you hear the click sound, close the ink cartridge’s access door.
- After installing the new ink cartridge, your printer will ask you to align the cartridgeswhen you try and print a document.
- Take out the software CD that came with the printer and insert it in the CD-ROM drive. (NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable to your HP printer untilthe printer asks you to do so.)
- Carefully, follow the instructions displayed on screen. When you areprompted, select USB option on the Connection Options screen.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: If you have successfully installed the software, the printer will function asplug-and- play printer. If you have failed in installing the software, insert the CDagain and follow the same process.