CONNECT HP PRINTER TO LAPTOP WITH USB CABLE
This page guides you on how to connect your HP Printer using a USB cable to your laptop. Before starting this installation process, ensure that your printer and laptop are activated. Now follow the step-by-step instructions to connect the HP Printer to the laptop using the USB cable.
CONNECT HP PRINTER WITH USB CABLE
- Turn HP Printer ON
- When you have connected an USB cable to your laptop from your printer, disconnect it.
- Take your laptop to 123.hp.com/setup.
- Download the 123.hp.com/Setup HP Easy Start.
- Go to your laptop download and double-click the file you downloaded.
- To allow software to make changes to your laptop, select Continue, Run or Yes.
- Connect your laptop to the flat end of a USB cable and the square end to your printer.
- The HP Easy Start detects network or laptop-connected printers and shows your printer.
- If the printer you want to install is not displayed, select My Printer is not displayed to identify your printer.
- Some models of printers do not support HP Easy Start.
- If your printer is not detected or unidentifiable, go to support.hp.com to download your printer’s software and drivers.
- You can customize your software installation by choosing Customize Software Selections on the Software Selection screen.
- Choose Next.
- To set personal preferences and information, read and respond to the remaining screens.
- Select Finish with the complete setup.
- Your printer is ready to operate now.
- You successfully connected your laptop to the HP printer via a USB cable with the above step.