CONNECT HP PRINTER TO COMPUTER WITH USB CABLE
Learn how to use the USB cable to connect your HP Printer to your computer. This installation manual is the same for most of the computer models on the market. Before starting this installation, make sure your printer and computer are switched on.
Follow the step – by – step guide to connect the HP Printer to your computer with the USB cable.
CONNECT HP PRINTER WITH USB CABLE
- Turn your HP Printer on.
- If you have connected an USB cable to your computer from your printer, cut it off.
- Go to 123.hp.com/computer configuration.
- Download the 123.hp.com/Setup HP Easy Start.
- Go to your computer to download and double-click the file you downloaded.
- To allow the software to make changes to your computer, choose
Continue by clicking Run or Yes.
- Connect your computer to the flat end of a USB cable and the square end to your printer.
- The HP Easy Start detects network or computer-connected printers and shows your printer.
- If the printer you want to install is not displayed, select My Printer is not displayed to identify your printer.
- Some models of printers do not support HP Easy Start.
- If your printer is not detected or unidentifiable, go to support.hp.com to download your printer’s software and drivers.
- You can customize your software installation by choosing Customize Software Selections on the Software Selection screen.
- Choose Next. To set personal preferences and information, read and respond to the remaining screens.
- Select Finish with the complete setup. Your printer is ready to operate now.
- You successfully connected your computer to the HP printer via a USB cable with the above step.