123 HP PRINTERS TROUBLESHOOTING
STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT PAPER JAM AND FEED ISSUE
Paper jam from the input tray
- Remove the paper from the input tray.
- Reinsert the input tray into the printer once the paper has been removed.
- Turn the paper jam on the printer from the print area
- Turn the printer off to the ink cartridge area.
- Open the access door to the ink cartridge and move the printer carriage.
- Check the jammed paper inside the cartridge area.
- Remove the congested paper from the wagon.
- Close the access door to the cartridge.
Paper jam from the printer’s back
- Turn off the printer and open the printer’s back door.
- Check for any paper that is stuck in the area.
- Remove the paper and close the front door.
It is recommended that you avoid using tools to remove objects like papers that are stuck in print. In general, to avoid paper jams in HP printer, clear the output tray frequently.
- Do not use torn or folded papers.
- Do not overload the input panel.
STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT INK CARTRIDGE ISSUES
Check often that both colored and black ink cartridges have the appropriate amount of ink in them. Replace the ink cartridge when the ink level is lower than normal. Check also whether the cartridge contacts are damaged or missing in the slots and check whether the protective layer is properly removed. Clean the contact cartridge with a piece of fine cloth. Touch the contacts not. To resume printing, place the cartridges in your slot.
If after this process you have problems with the ink cartridge, you must replace the ink cartridge. Use the HP ink cartridges only.
STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT PRINT QUALITY ISSUES
In general, print quality problems arise because of the following reasons
- Check whether you are using the original HP ink cartridge.
- Select the correct settings on the Print Settings page.
- Check for updates in the printer software and search for software quality settings.
- Ensure that you regularly replace the ink cartridge.
- The correct alignment of the cartridge must be carried out once new cartridges have been installed for better printing quality.
STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT NETWORK ISSUES
You may experience problems with network connectivity when printing LAN cables most often. To solve these network and connectivity problems, you can visit the HP online troubleshooting wizard Follow the desktop instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Steps to fix wireless connection
If you have encountered any network problems with your printer, you can fix the wireless connection of the HP printer by downloading the HP printer scanner from the link provided. The HP Scan doctor software automatically helps you solve network problems.
- Click on Wireless from the home screen in the printer control panel to check the network configuration and to print the test page.
- Then select Settings > Print Reports > Configuration page of the network or Wireless Test Report.
For further installation details, go to 123.hp.com or 123.hp.com/setup.