Wireless network setup
After installing the HP printer software on your computer or laptop, based onthe operating system you use, do one of the following:
How to print from software (Windows)?
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on the Start screen. Go to theapp bar to select All Apps. From the list of options available, choose your printer.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Desktop - - > Start - - >All Programs - - > HP - - >HP OJ PRO 8740 - -> Icon with printer name.
How to update the printer using printer’s control panel?
- Place a stack of paper in the input tray.
- Open your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer software and then click on Print.
- Select the printer you want to use.
- Choose the button that will open the Properties dialog box. (Properties might also be called as Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer or Preferences.)
- Go to the Layout tab to choose Portrait or Landscape orientation.
- From the Paper/Quality tab, choose the paper type and the print qualityyou want.
- In the Paper/Output area, choose the Advanced option and then select the paper size in the Paper Size drop-down.
- Now, click Ok to come out of the Properties dialog box.
- Select Print or OK to start the print job.
How to enable the printer to automatically check for updates?
- Go to the HP OJ PRO 8740 printer’s control panel display screen and tap on HP ePrint.
- Click on OK and then touch Settings followed by Printer Update.
- Tap on Check for Product Update and then follow the instructions displayed on screen.
How to update the printer using embedded web server?
- Touch the HP ePrint option from the printer’s control panel displayscreen. Click OK.
- Select Settings and then choose Printer Update.
- From the list of options available, click on Auto Update and then press ON.
- Open the embedded web server (EWS) on your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
- Navigate to the Web Services tab.
- Click on Product Update in the Web Services Settings. Tap on CheckNow and follow the prompts.
- If you do not see the product update option, do the following.
- Go to the Web Services Settings section to click on Setup. ChooseContinue and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When asked, allow the printer to check for and install printerupdates.