OJPRO 8740 WIndows google cloud print setup
While installing the printer software in the printer, make sure that your computer and the printer is connected to a network connection. It can either be wireless, or wired or USB connection.
How to connect the HP printer to your Mac?
- Un-box your HP Officejet Pro 8740 wireless printer from its packaging.
- Connect the wires at their appropriate place.
- Now, switch on the HP printer by pressing the Power button.
- The LCD screen with several buttons and icons is the control panel of your HP printer.
- Install the ink cartridges by unpacking from the package.
- Remove the protective tape on the ink cartridge.
- Slowly, insert the ink cartridge into its place according to the color code. Push it in until it locks into place.
- Go to 123.hp.com to download the needed software and drivers for your Wireless printer.
- You can also install the software from the CD that came with the printer. Insert the CD into the drive and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the process, save the settings and click Close to complete.
How to select your printer on your MAC?
- Click on Setup and the select Network or Wireless menu.
- From the list of options available, tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The list of wireless networks will be available on screen. Choose the one which you want touse.
- When asked, enter the WEP password of the network key of the wireless connection.
- Your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer will be connected to the wireless network soon. After it gets connected, print atest report to see if the printer works fine.
- Also, it is not needed to install the MAC printer driver separately. It gets installed automatically when you update the Apple device software.
- Now, connect your HP printer and your Apple device with the use of an USB connection.
- Connect other devices to the Internet through wired or wireless connection.
- Go to the Menu option in the Apple device and touch software update. Otherwise, chooseAbout this Mac and then select Software updates.
- Now, choose Install.
When your HP printer is listed,
- Open the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Go to the Hardware tab and then choose Print and Fax.
- Roll your pointer on (-) minus sign and remove the printer. Now, click on the (+) sign and Adda new printer.
- Choose the printer name when it appears on screen.
- Now, click on OK to continue.
When your HP printer is not listed,
- Roll your mouse pointer near (+) sign and then click on Add Printer or Scanner.
- Choose any one of the option when the printer names appear.
- Click on Continue option.
- On the Print Using box, choose the printers name.
- Now, download and install the Apple printer software.