OJPRO 8740 WIndows google cloud print setup
With the use of Google Cloud Print, a free service, a user can print documents and photos in a safe manner from any mobile or network connected device to your HP Officejet printer. The devices canbe a computer, smart phone, tablet or any other mobile device.
NOTE: To make use of Google Cloud Print service, your HP printers should be connected to computers with Windows, macOS, Chrome OS and OS X via a working wireless connection.
How to register your Google Cloud Print Ready printer?
First and foremost, one should register their HP Officejet printer with Google Cloud Printer using the Google Chrome browser or any personal computer or using a Chrome book.
Steps to follow:
- A computer that can run Linux, OS X v10.7 or later versions, Windows XP and later, mac OSor a Chromebook.
- Install Google Chrome web browser on your computer
- A new Google account
- A Google Cloud Print ready HP printer that is connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
- Also, Google Cloud Print does not work if your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
How to print a document or image saved on your PC?
- Switch on the HP printer.
- Click on the Chrome icon on your desktop screen. When the Chrome browser opens, tap on the Sign In option available in the right hand corner of the Google Chrome browser.
- Now, click on the Menu icon in Chrome browser and then choose Settings from the drop-down list.
- When the Settings window is open, scroll through the options and then select Show Advanced settings.
- From the list of options displayed on screen, choose Google cloud Print and then tap on the Manage button.
- At this point of time, Google Cloud Print starts detecting printers on the network.
- If your HP Printer is listed under the New devices category, then click on Register button once again to confirm and then print a confirmation page. Certain printers may ask you to complete the registration process from the printer’s control panel.
- If you find your HP Printer listed under My Devices tab, it means that your printer is already registered with the Google Cloud Print. Now, tap Manage to check out your printer’s name in the list of registered Google Cloud Print printers.
- If you do not see your printer in the Google Cloud Print list, then try connecting with the email address designated to your printer via HP ePrint. Also, double check if your printer is connected to the wireless network properly.
- Double click on Google Chrome browser and then sign in to your Google Account.
- Now, choose the Google Cloud Print Print jobs option.
- Select Print followed by the Upload a file to print option.
- Tap on Select a file from my computer and then choose the document or a photo you want to print. Click Open.
- On the Google Cloud Print window, choose your printer and then click Print.
- If necessary, change the paper size, colour, style and other print settings before printing.