Wireless network setup
Users can also print a Wireless Quick Start Guide to connect your printerwirelessly.
How to print a wireless quick start guide?
Press the Information button and hold it for at least 3 seconds. Now, the start guidepage will be printed which will help you connect the printer wirelessly.
How to set up the wireless connection using the HP printer software?
If you are yet to install your HP printer, use the CD that came in with the printer toinstall it and follow the steps below.
- Windows: When asked, tap on the Wireless icon and then follow the onscreen instructions displayed on the screen.
- OS X: On the software CD, double-click on HP Installer option and performthe following tasks.
Macintosh (OS X):
- To open the printer software, click on it.
- If you are using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, touch Utilities.
- Select Printer Setup & Software.
- Now, touch Connect a new printer and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Open the Hewlett Packard folder and double click on the HP Utility iconlocated in the Applications folder.
- Select Setup New Device from the Devices menu and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- After your printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, the blue lighton your printer blinks and then remains switched on.
How to set up the wireless connection from the printer’s control panel?
Make sure your wireless router has a working WPS (Wi-Fi Protected setup) andthat is enabled through WPA encryption.
How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection(Windows)?
- Press and hold the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel for at leastthree seconds. Now, the wireless light will start blinking.
- Hold the WPA button on the wireless access point or wireless router for twominutes. The blue light will stop blinking and remain lit if the printerautomatically connects to the network.
- For Windows operating system: On finishing the wireless connection setup,go to the Control Panel and then choose Add a Network Printer and followthe on-screen prompts.
- For Macintosh (OS X): Once you finish the wireless setup, you can add theprinter by selecting System Preferences. Complete the process by followingthe instructions displayed on screen.
How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection (OS X)?
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to your HP Deskjet 2130 printer.
- Once the installation is complete, open the software.
- Windows 8 and 8.1 users should click on Utilities.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- From the list of options available, select Reconfigure wireless settings.
- Connect your HP printer to the wireless network.
- Go to the Applications/Hewlett Packard/ Device Utilities folder and changethe connection to wireless using the HP Setup Assistant option.