Wireless Direct setup
With the use of HP wireless direct, users can print their documents/photos from a computer,smartphone or any wireless-capable device without connecting to a wireless connection as such.
How to print the HP Wireless Direct Guide?
How to print from a wireless-capable mobile device?
- To switch on the HP Wireless Direct, press the HP Wireless Direct button and start printing theHP Wireless Direct Guide. In the printed page, your network name and password can be noted.
- After the first time of printing the guide, press HP Wireless direct and Information buttonsimultaneously to print the guide.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows)?
- Ensure that the HP Wireless Direct is switched on.
- Click on the wireless icon on your mobile phone to setup a connection.
- Connect your mobile device to a new wireless network. From the list of wireless networksavailable, tap on the network such as HP Deskjet 2130. When prompted, enter thepassword of the wireless network.
- Open the file you want to print and then start the print job.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (OS X)?
- Double check to see if the HP Wireless Direct option is switched on.
- Now, enable the computer’s Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect your computer to a new network. From the list of networks available, connect it to yourprinter such as HP-Print- Deskjet 2130. When asked, enter the password to successfullyconnect it.
- Based on the operating system your use, perform one of the following.
- Windows 8.1: n the lower hand corner of the desktop screen, click the down arrow.Choose your printer name and then touch Utilities.
- Windows 8: Right click on an empty area and go to app bar to select All Apps. Choosethe printer name and tap on Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start - - > All Programs - - >HP - - >HP Deskjet 2130
- Go to Printer Setup & Software and then choose Connect a new printer.
- The Connection Option s window appears from which you select wireless. User will have toselect HP printer software.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Now, print the file you wish to print.
- Ensure that you have switched on the Hp wireless direct on your HP printer.
- Switch on AirPort.
- After clicking on the AirPort icon, choose the HP wireless network printer. When asked forpassword, enter it to connect your printer.
- Add your HP Deskjet 2130 printer.
- Click and open the System Preferences.
- In the Hardware section, select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners depending onthe operating system that is installed in the computer.
- Tap on the plus (+) icon below the list of printers listed on the left.
- From the list of detected printers, choose yours and then select Add.