123 HP OJ3830 Windows setup
Before setting up your HP Officejet 3830 printer on a working wireless network, ensure that you have installed the original printer driver and software from the official HP website or through the CD/DVD that comes with the printer. At the time of installation, select Wireless as the connection type and follow the steps mentioned below.
- A laptop or desktop that supports wireless
- A working wireless connection with a router
- Network name (SSID)
- WRP key or WPA passphrase
How to connect the printer?
- Tap on the Wireless button on the printer’s control panel followed by choosing the Settings option.
- Now, scroll through the menu to choose Wireless Setup Wizard. Choose OK option.
- Follow the instructions displayed on screen to setup he connection.
- Insert the DC/DVD that is provided by the printer in your laptop or desktop.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How to connect a new printer?
- Perform one of the following tasks based the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on your Start screen. Navigate to the appbar to click on All Apps. Now, you need to click and open the folder that has yourprinter’s name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start -- >All Programs - -> HP - -> HP Officejet 3830
- Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- From the list of options available, tap on Connect a new printer.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to connect a new printer.
How to change network settings?
- Touch the Wireless button on the printer’s control panel and then select the Settings option.
- Scroll through the menu to choose Advanced Settings.
- Now, in the Advanced Settings menu, select the item to be altered.
- Finally, follow the instructions displayed on screen to change the settings.
How to set up the wireless connection from the printer’s control panel?
Make sure your wireless router has a working WPS (Wi-Fi Protected setup) andthat is enabled through WPA encryption.
- Press and hold the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel for at leastthree seconds. Now, the wireless light will start blinking.
- Hold the WPA button on the wireless access point or wireless router for twominutes. The blue light will stop blinking and remain lit if the printerautomatically connects to the network.
- For Windows operating system: On finishing the wireless connection setup,go to the Control Panel and then choose Add a Network Printer and followthe on-screen prompts.